Our SUTA electric beds offer both a standard and optional extended warranty. These limited warranties provide you with coverage in the unlikely event of specific types of issues with your SUTA lifestyle bed.
Performance Sleep recommends a quality surge protection device for all electric beds, regardless of make or model. Please do not plug an electric bed of any brand directly into the wall, or into a standard power bar which does not have a surge suppression feature.
Consider purchasing a quality surge protector with a rating of 750 joules or higher. Amazon.ca offers a quality surge protector for a reasonable cost.
Process for Obtaining & Receiving Service
- Troubleshoot your SUTA bed.
- Ensure the remote has fresh batteries.
- Unplug the bed from your surge protector (surge protector sold separately), wait one minute and then plug the bed back into your surge protector.
- If Step 1 does not solve the problem, contact the local retailer you purchased from. If you purchased directly from Performance Sleep, fill out this contact form.
- Once Performance Sleep receives your details and a description of the problem, we will then verify your Warranty eligibility and determine which part(s) need to be replaced, along with any potential associated costs should the problem fall outside of the warranty terms.
- We will then arrange a local technician to visit your home to perform the required repairs.
SUTA Electric Adjustable Base Warranties
The warranty length is 20 years, with 4 milestones and coverage scenarios.
- Full 1-Year Warranty including all parts, labour and freight costs.
- 2-Year Motor Warranty including all parts, labour and freight costs associated with a motor failure.
- Year 2 through 5 includes no cost replacement of any electrical or mechanical part found to be defective. Labour and freight costs are not included.
- Year 6 through 20 includes a prorated replacement of any electrical or mechanical part found to be defective. Labour and freight costs are not included.
Full 1-Year Warranty
Your electric bed is warranted against defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from the date of purchase to the original purchaser. During the first year Performance Sleep will repair or replace, at no cost to the original purchaser, any defective part*. This includes all authorized labour and freight costs incurred with the repair or replacement of any part found to be defective.
2-Year Motor Warranty
Your electric bed includes a two year, full replacement warranty on parts, labour and freight on the motors should your motors fail during the first two years of this warranty from the original purchase date.
During years 2 through 5, from the original purchase date, Performance Sleep will replace any part on the adjustable base found to be defective, to the original purchaser. Liability is limited to the replacements of the defective electrical/mechanical part(s)* only, with the purchaser responsible for all service, installation, and freight cost of said part(s).
20-Year Limited Warranty
During years 6 through 20 from the original purchase date, Performance Sleep will replace, within the terms and conditions set forth in this paragraph, adjustable bed electrical/mechanical part(s)* found to be defective. Purchaser shall pay 1/15 of the current replacement cost of the defective part multiplied by the number of years after the fifth year, from the original purchase date. This warranty applies only to the replacement part(s); purchaser may be subject to charges for said parts to include, but not limited to, freight charges. Liability shall be limited to the replacement of the defective part(s) only with the purchaser responsible for all service, installation and freight cost for said part(s).
Floor Model Warranty
Performance Sleep does not treat floor models any differently from new-in-box. Your warranty begins from your date of purchase.
SUTA Extended Warranty
The SUTA extended warranty, offered Exclusively by Performance Sleep, simply replaces the full 1-Year Warranty with a full 5-Year Warranty, from date of purchase. At the end of the original 5-Year period, the portion of your warranty from years 6 through 20 remain the same as set forth in the standard warranty terms.
*Parts defined as the following:
- Head/foot actuator(s)
- Lumbar actuator
- Pillow-tilt actuator
- Massage motors and housings
- Control box
- Remote control(s)
- Power cord and power supply
- Mounting brackets
- Support struts
Additional Terms & Conditions
Warranty does not include reimbursement for inconvenience, removal, part(s) installation, bed set up, loss of use, normal wear and tear, shipping or any other costs or expenses not expressly covered by this warranty. This warranty does not apply;
- To the damage resulting from misuse or abuse caused by the Purchaser.
- To the damage caused by repairs or parts replacement by an unauthorized person.
- To damage caused if the electric bed has been mishandled (including during shipping), subjected to physical abuse or an improper power source, or damaged while failing to adhere to the Owner’s Manual and this warranty.
- To damaged mattresses, foundation cover(s), fabric(s) bedding cables, electrical cords or accessories supplied by dealers. Contact your retailer for warranty information on these items.
- To modification of the electric bed without prior written consent from Performance Sleep.
- To costs for unauthorized service calls for the purpose of educating the consumer about the adjustable base or locating proper functioning power outlets.
- If the recommended weight restrictions are exceeded.
- If used in any environment or a commercial setting which was not intended.
- Damage to the foam shroud by improper handling or misuse.
Certain Provinces do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limiation or exclusion may not apply. The warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights. The purchaser may have other rights which may vary from Province to Province. This warranty is valid in all Canadian Provinces and Territories. This warranty is non-transferable.
This product is not rated to support weights exceeding the following (all weights include the weight of the mattress, bedding and sleeper):
- Half Queen, Twin/Single, Twin XL Double/Full, Double XL, Queen: 750 lbs / 340 kg
- Split Queen, Split King or Split Cal King (2 electric bases): 750 lbs / 340 kgs per side
This product will support the recommended weight limits when the weight is distributed evenly across the base. This product is not designed to support or lift this amount in the head or foot sections alone. Consumers should not enter or exit the bed when any portion is in the raised position. Do not sit on the head or foot sections while in the raised position. Exceeding the recommended weight restrictions or other misuse of this product could damage the bed and void the warranty.
Home Use/Hospital Disclaimer
This product is designed solely for in-home use and not as a hospital bed. This product is not designed to meet hospital standards. Do not use with oxygen or other flammable gases.
- This product is for use on a standard 110/120-volt circuit.
- Always use a grounded, electrical surge protection device with this product. This product should be plugged into the surge protection device and the surge protection device should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Never plug sensitive electronics directly into the wall outlet. This advice applies to TV’s, computers, etc.
- Only connect this product to a properly grounded outlet.
- Always unplug this bed from the electrical outlet before cleaning or servicing.
- Never operate with a damaged cord or plug. Keep the cord away from this products moving parts.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Do not use this product outdoors.
- To disconnect, lay the bed flat, turn all controls to the off position, then remove plug from outlet.
- Immediately dispose of all packing materials that may pose a suffocation risk.
- Do not allow children or pets to play on or under the bed. Children should not operate this product without adult supervision.
- Some pacemakers may detect motion by this product as a false sense of movement and/or exercise.
- This may or may not affect your pacemaker. Talk to a physician to address any concerns.
SUTA electric bed motors are not designed to operate for more than two (2) continuous minutes within an eighteen (18) minute time period. Exceeding this rating will shorten the life of the motors, and will void the warranty.
Input: AC 100-240V – 50/60Hz, 1.5 Amp
Output: DC 29V-2A
Fuse: 1.5A 250V
If a short-circuit occurs, a fuse in the electrical motor compartment will be blown in order to protect the electrical components. Should this occur, the customer should seek professional assistance by calling a licensed electrician or by contacting Performance Sleep.
This product is designed to have no maintenance requirements by the user. Please do not open any motor compartments, alter the wiring, modify the base, or change the product in any way as it will void the warranty.